Culpeo Minerals (ASX:CPO, OTCQB:CPORF) is concentrating on exploring high-grade copper systems in the Coastal Cordillera region of Chile.
The Company’s flagship asset is the Lana Corina Project situated in the Coquimbo region of Chile, where near surface, breccia hosted high-grade copper mineralisation offers walk up drilling targets and early resource definition potential. The Company recently completed its Phase 1 drilling program at the Project, significant results include:
· CMLCD003 - 173m @ 1.05% Cu & 50ppm Mo
· CMLCD010 - 169m @ 1.08% Cu & 225ppm Mo
· CMLCD005 - 88.9m @ 1.06% Cu & 145ppm Mo
· CMLCD002 - 257m @ 0.95% Cu & 81ppm Mo
· CMLCD001 - 104m @ 0.74% Cu & 73ppm Mo
· CMLCD013 - 72m @ 0.85% Cu & 24ppm Mo
· CMLCD007 - 34.7m @ 0.91% Cu & 71ppm Mo
The Company has two additional assets, the Quelon Project located 240km north of Santiago (40km south of Lana Corina), in the Province of Illapel, Coquimbo Region. Surface mineralisation is present over 10km’s of strike and the Company has delineated a coincident geophysical / geochemical anomaly at the Project and drill programs are being planned.
The Las Petacas Project, located in the Atacama Fault System near the world-class Candelaria Mine. Historic exploration providesntified significant surface mineralisation with numerous outcrops of high-grade copper mineralisation which provide multiple compelling exploration targets.
Culpeo Minerals has a strong Board and Management team with significant Chilean country expertise and has an excellent in-country network. All of these elements enable the Company to gain access to quality assets in a non-competitive environment. We leverage the experience and relationships developed over >10 years in-country to deliver low cost and effective discovery and resource growth.
Our position in Chile holds a strategic advantage offering:
• Scale of Deposits – multiple globally significant discoveries, still under-explored
• Infrastructure – established grid power, roads, rail and water that will enable low capital development intensity
• Mining Culture – Chile is the world’s number one copper producer