PT Merdeka Copper Gold Tbk (Merdeka) (IDX: MDKA) is a global leader in the Indonesian metals and mining industry with a current market capitalisation of ~US$7 billion.
Merdeka controls a portfolio of world class production and growth assets in Indonesia across gold, copper and nickel which include:
- Tujuh Bukit Underground Copper Project – One of the world’s largest undeveloped porphyry deposits with 8.2Mt contained copper and 28.6Moz contained gold
- Merdeka Battery Materials – Operating RKEF smelters and the SCM Mine, one of the world’s largest nickel resources with 13.8Mt contained nickel
- AIM Plant – Pyrite processing joint venture with Tsingshan (the world’s largest stainless-steel producer)
- Tujuh Bukit Gold Mine – Operating open pit gold mine producing ~120koz per annum
- Wetar Copper & Pyrite Mine – Operating copper mine producing ~20kt per annum
- Pani Gold Project – Large c.5Moz gold development project
Merdeka is led by a strong local and international management team with considerable experience in the mining sector and is supported by prominent shareholders including Provident (https://www.procap-partners.com) and Saratoga Investama (https://saratoga-investama.com).