The Annual Mines and Money Outstanding Achievement Awards and Gala Dinner Ceremony brought this important event to a close, as well as giving all attendees an excuse to put their glad rags on. Thank you to Jakob Stausholm, CEO of Rio Tinto being this year’s star speaker, who held an engaging onstage discussion with Rohitesh Dhawan.
In light of this year’s macro events Resourcing Tomorrow has sought to showcase our firm support of Ukraine by awarding the country and its mining industry a special Unsung Hero award to honour the strong resolve shown by its people.
In addition, Resourcing Tomorrow paid homage to those who passed this year, and awarded mining legend Lukas Lundin, whose son, William, accepted his Lifetime Achievement Award. Well done to all of this year’s well-deserved award winners and attendees (full list below) who helped make this year’s event and the evening a great success.
Thank you to all of those who participated in Resourcing Tomorrow 2023. We look forward to seeing you all next year for an even bigger and better event!
· Exploration Discovery of the Year Award - sponsored by TM Partners was won by Reunion Gold for the Oko West gold deposit in Guyana.
· Exploration Company of the Year Award – sponsored by TM Partners was won by Amex Exploration.
· Mining Innovation of the Year Award was jointly given to Boart Longyear for the orebody science platform called TruScan™ and Gravitricity for raising and lowering heavy weights underground to store and release energy.
· Collaboration Award was won by Minviro and Maptek, who have collaborated in their technology to revolutionize the way the mining industry interacts with environmental sustainability.
· Mining Technology Company of the Year has been awarded to NextOre.
· ESG Explorer/ Developer of the Year, which is sponsored by Digbee and Satarla, has been given to Blackstone Minerals.
· ESG Producer of the Year Award has been awarded to Kenmare Resources. This award has been sponsored by Diglee and Satarla.
· ESG Impact Initiative of the Year Award, sponsored by Digbee and Satarla, has been presented to Biothermica.
· Rising Star/s of the Year Award has been given to Marc Bishop Lafleche, CEO, Ecora Resources for his leadership in the Group’s transformational Voisey’s Bay $205m cobalt stream acquisition and the successful exit of Anglo Pacific’s only thermal coal royalty.
· Unsung Hero Award has been given to Carla Rojas Neculhual – for her work in Chile in gender equality projects for making a more inclusive space for women in the mining industry.
· Deal of the Year has been awarded to Horizonte Minerals, who have financed their Araguaia ferronickel mine project for $633 million.
· Improved Mining Jurisdiction of the Year have been won by Quebec, Canada.
· Mining CEO of the Year Award (sponsored by Extractive Search) has named Chris Taylor, CEO of Great Bear Resources the winner, for his work as a geologist and mining entrepreneur over the past 20 years, before selling his company for US $1.4 billion to Kinross Gold.
· Lifetime Achievement of the Year (sponsored by SLR Consulting) has been awarded to the late Lukas Lundin.
· Special Unsung Hero Award has been won by Ukraine.
· Best Lithium Company was won by Lithium Chile.
A huge thank you to our 2022 Award and Table Sponsors:
To find out more about them, scroll down and click onto their profiles.