At the finale of what has been a spectacular edition of the Resourcing Tomorrow Conference, industry leaders and companies were recognised in the Resourcing Tomorrow Outstanding Achievement Awards and Gala Dinner.
Celebrating the best of the best, with 15 exciting awards showcasing brilliance in every area of mining, the festivities saluted both the winners, but also a distinguished set of short-listers.
The Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner at the HAC in the City of London was fitting for the 20th-anniversary celebration of this most prestigious event on the mining calendar.
Joined by Randy Smallwood, CEO of Wheaton Precious Metals - who was also honoured with the CEO of the Year Award this year - and David Tait, CEO of the World Gold Council, who discussed various aspects of the yellow metal as well as the outlook for its future week where the price once again topped US$2,000 per ounce.
The Resourcing Tomorrow Outstanding Achievement Awards received 407 nominations, and to help whittle the nominations down to shortlists and eventual winners, Resourcing Tomorrow are grateful to our judging panel, including:
· Caroline Donally, Managing Partner, Sprott Streaming
· Carl Weatherell, Executive Directors and Chief Executive Officer, ReThink Mining and President & CEO ReThink Mining Ventures
· Elaine Dorward-King, Non-Executive Director, Sibanye Stillwater, Kenmare Resources and NovaGold
· Elaine Hattingh, Group Manager: Innovation, Exxaro Resources
· Danielle Chigumura, Consultant and Former Sell Side Analyst
· David Walker, Technical Director, Global Sector Leader - Mining and Metals, SLR Consulting
· Dr Ali Soofastaei, Australia and Africa Analysis Manager, Newmont
· Mark O'Brien, General Manager - Digital Technology and Innovation, CITIC Pacific Mining
· Matthew Geiger, Managing Partner, MJG Capital Management
· Miranda Werstiuk, Chief Executive Officer, Fuchsia Capital
· Remi Piet, Co-Founder and Senior Partner, Embellie Advisory
· Roby Stancel, Board Member, Investment Advisor (VC, PE), Partner in Consultancy, Angel Investor, Innovation Architects
The 2023 award winners are:
· Exploration Discovery of the Year Winner: Cornish Lithium
· Exploration Company of the Year Award Winner: Heliostar Metals
· ESG Developer / Explorer of the Year Award Winner: Bunker Hill Mining
· ESG Producer of the Year Award Winner: Ma’aden
· ESG Initiative of the Year Award Winner: AECOM and Brazil ESG Independent Audit Mining Program
· Mining Technology Company of the Year Winner: Vinca Technologies
· Collaboration of the Year Award Winner: Albemarle and Caterpillar
· Mining Innovation of the Year Award Winner: Anglo American and WSP Global
· Most Improved Mining Jursidicton Award: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
· Best Region: Cornwall
· Best Country: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
· Deal of the Year Award Winner: BHP and Oz Minerals
· Project Financing of the Year Award Winner: Eldorado Gold
· Rising Star of the Year Award Winners: Katie Fedosenko, Director, ESG Engagement, Teck Resources and Ana Juarez, Founder and Executive Director, Women in Mining Central America
· Unsung Hero Award Winners: Camila Montes, Public Policy and Strategy Analyst, Chilean Copper Commission (COCHILCO) and Richard Elmer, Director, Knight Piesold
· Mining CEO Award Winner: Randy Smallwood, CEO, Wheaton Precious Metals
This year’s Lifetime Achievement Award went to Deborah A. McCombe, a professional geoscientist with more than 30 years of international mineral exploration and mine development project experience. She is widely recognized throughout the Canadian and international mining industry. In her role as President of Roscoe Postle Associates, now SLR Consulting Ltd, McCombe focuses on due diligence reviews, mineral resource and mineral reserve estimates, feasibility studies, and valuations in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
McCombe, currently Global Technical Director at SLR, was previously chief mining consultant for the Ontario Securities Commission and was involved in the development and implementation of NI 43-101 Canadian Disclosure Standards for Mineral projects.
“Whilst these awards celebrate individual companies and performers, it’s the wide participation from a myriad professionals and business types that has made this year's event a great success.” Said Andrew Thake, Divisional Director, Resourcing Tomorrow
The Resourcing Tomorrow team would like to thank sponsors, judges, entrants and the Beacon team for their valuable support and for helping us create a memorable evening for our industry.
We look forward to seeing you in again at London’s Business Design Centre on 3-5 December 2024.