The Queensland Exploration Council (QEC) is recognised as the go-to member organisation in Queensland for bringing exploration and opportunity together.
The QEC is an initiative of the peak industry body for the resources industry in Queensland – the Queensland Resources Council (QRC).
Established in 2010, the QEC is a not-for-profit, non-government organisation which sits within the QRC alongside QRC’s other initiative, the Queensland Minerals and Energy Academy (QMEA).
Governance of the QEC
QEC is led by a specialist leadership team of exploration experts who share knowledge and volunteer their time to the QEC:
- Kim Wainwright – QEC Chair, also CEO Xplore Resources
- Stephen Kelemen – QEC Deputy Chair (petroleum specialist)
- Darren Walker – QEC Deputy Chair (minerals & coal specialist), also General Manager – Resources Development, U&D Coal
It is also governed by a volunteer Management Committee to oversee the progress and working groups of the QEC, to ensure key objectives are met.
QEC Key services and initiatives:
- Promote and facilitate exploration in Queensland
- Publicise exploration related research and development
- Gather exploration industry issues and provide a conduit to the QRC and governments
- Connect explorers with government and the community
- Provide networking opportunities for colleagues and new business contacts
- Provide exposure and brand awareness for sponsors
- Facilitate QEC member offers on professional services
- Websites: QEC and Queensland Resources & Exploration Gateway (QUREX)
- Queensland Exploration Scorecard publication
- Newsletters: Exploring Queensland and The Gateway
- Social media channels
- QEC media releases
- QEC/McCullough Robertson Investment Showcase event
- QEC/EY Member Networking event
- QEC Technical Forum
- QEC Breakfast and Scorecard Launch
- QEC Member Briefings
INFORM – Provide information and links to promote the sector and support decision making
FACILITATE – Bring together project proponents and investors
MONITOR – Track the health of the Queensland exploration sector through the Exploration Scorecard
CONNECT – Create interesting and informative events for members to learn and build their networks
INCENTIVISE – Provide benefits to build membership
LEVERAGE Build reciprocal partnerships with like and related organisations